Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day Three-Clouds

"A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed... It feels an impulsion... this is the place to go now.  But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons" -Richard Bach

As luck would have it there were zero clouds above the peninsula yesterday. There were some seriously blue skies overhead. Which I would usually appreciate. Go figure. I knew there would be plenty of fog in the city but I didn't have any ideas about where to go. The way the fog sits over the city can be very mundane and there's not much texture or contrast when the fog is up high like it was yesterday when I left for work.

Then I thought about how the fog creeps in over the mountains at night up near 92 and decided to go on a fog chase after work. I got lucky because it was the perfect time to get a contrasty picture as the sky was still bright blue and this billowy blanket of fog was rolling slowly towards me. I was also really happy that someone decided to take a boat out because I think it adds something extra to the photo and helps convey how monstrously large the fog blanket is. Please ignore the speck of dirt in the middle of the water, I don't know how to fix that sort of thing yet. It's on the to-do list.

I have another quote for you because I really thought the first suited the picture but this one better suits me.

"You must not blame me if I do talk to the clouds." -Henry David Thoreau

Yeah, that's right--I talk to inanimate objects. Jealous?

What-chu-talkin-bout-Willis?
Day One: Selfie
Day Two: What I Wore

No comments:

Post a Comment