Friday, February 24, 2012

Have some cake, it's Friday!


As promised, here is the orange poppy seed cake from always with butter mentioned on Tuesday. Even though this was a short work week, it sure didn't feel like it. At all. But thankfully, I have made it to yet another Friday. And on the bright side, it's no longer pitch black at six o'clock so I can actually see some light when I leave work. What a difference that makes!

This cake came out delicious. It's like a variation of a poppy seed muffin, but with the density of a bundt cake. The only issue I had was with the consistency frosting. I only made half a recipe for the cake but decided to go regular with the frosting. Yeah, that's right, double frosting. The first time I made it it was soupy, so I tossed it. Then I started with the powdered sugar and added the orange juice much slower and at a higher mixing speed, which yielded an actual frosting. This is the only advice I can give you, as I totally disregarded the recipe at that point. Hope you have a good Friday and fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. mmm I'll take a peice! I'm ashamed to admit that this is the first time I've looked at your blog...and at first I thought you had borrowed some professional photos or something until I noticed the Nicole Cross stamp at the bottom. It's ah-mazing! I'll definitely be following more closely from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, thank you!! and thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete