Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Flowers Just Because

 "Common sense means living in the world as it is today; but creative people are people who don't want the world as it is today but want to make another world." -Abraham Maslow

I just ran into this quote on Sarah Rhoads Photographers' blog in a post that was coincidentally written on my birthday via Emmadime. It struck me because about 80% of the time I'm dreaming up a world where I get to be creative for a living and all the things I would do and see what it would be like. The other 20% I spend thinking that if I had any common sense a good job and a decent living would more than suffice and I could focus on spending my spare time wisely and creatively. This quote really captures the insatiable creative desire to change and make things. Not just to live in a world, but to manipulate it with your own hands. Creativity is one restless beast.

As for the photos, I think most people would probably walk past these dried up flowers a far cry from the bright yellow they were just a few short months ago, but I decided to spend a few minutes with them instead.