Thursday, October 27, 2011

Skillet Cookie


It's Thursday, which mean it's almost Friday! Here are some pictures of my execution on Heidi's whole wheat chocolate chip skillet cookie. After yet another successful recipe from her blog I trust her taste more than ever. Some healthy recipes fall short on satisfaction but hers don't suffer that downfall. I will say this is a very heavy dessert. You don't need that much, the whole wheat flour makes for a much more filling cookie. We ate it over a couple days chunk by chunk. I bought ice cream to go with it, but actually preferred the cookie on its own.


I had two Lindt dark chocolate bars left over from making Christmas cookies last year (!) and finally remembered to use them. The recipe calls for bittersweet, but I wanted to get these bars off my hands. Really, you could use whatever you prefer and I'm sure it will be good.


Here's a look at the crusty edge, it wasn't much of a looker as a whole but I think the edges tell you what you need to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment